Unavoidable Closure Information
As always we will endeavour to ensure that school is open to all Pupils and Staff.
However in the event of an unavoidable closure we will announce this using the following:
- School Website Latest News - Click Here
- Twitter - @Springside_Roch - Click Here
- Facebook - @springsideschool - https://www.facebook.com/springsideschool/
- Parental Text Message (please ensure we have your up-to-date contact details)
- Rochdale Borough Council's Website - Click Here
In severe weather, the circumstance may arise to temporarily close the school. The responsibility for taking this decision lies with the Headteacher, in consultation with the Chair of Governors. In considering if the school should close due to, for example, a significant snow fall, we will, in the first instance endeavour to open or partially open and provide as full a curriculum/educational provision as is possible. There is a presumption against the closure of school as a first option and this is seen as a last resort once all other options have been considered. However the decision will be based on the safety and/or welfare of the pupils and staff during their time at school and whether it is likely to be adversely affected by local circumstances.
TYPES OF CLOSURE
- Planned closure – This is where the school will determine in advance a day’s closure. It must be ensured that parents/carers are fully informed as soon as possible via parent text, website, letters home.
- Emergency closure – This is when a decision to close the school is made on the day due to unforeseen circumstances. It is not expected that Springside would evoke an emergency closure on a regular basis or without consideration of all other options.
- Partial closure – This is where the school might decide that a portion of the school could stay open as the emergency or severe weather conditions do not affect a part of the building or could open for part of a day.
NB: If LA transport is cancelled and parents choose to bring their child into school, it is their responsibility to ensure they are contactable at all times and available to collect their child at short notice should an emergency closure be necessary.