Skip to content ↓

Special Educational needs & Disabilities Reforms

The SEND Information Report brings together information that is helpful to children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities and their families. It provides information on public services that are available within:

Education: for example nurseries, playgroups, schools and colleges as well as support services like educational psychologists, early years and early intervention workers
Health: for example GPs, paediatricians, school nurses and therapists
Social care: for example respite services and children’s disability services.

The SEND Reforms place a statutory requirement on schools from September 2014 to make information available to parents about how the school supports children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities. This information forms the main basis for what is referred to as the school’s Local Offer. Our Local Offer can be downloaded and viewed by following the links on this page.

My Plans

As part of a change in legislation taking place in the Government’s Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Reforms, Headteachers of all schools are required to complete a new document for learner's  which is called an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP). This replaces the current Statement of Special Educational Needs. The EHCP is a personalised document which also has information collated by other agencies if appropriate.

This EHCP consists of a My Plan which gives a description of your child including what is important to them and what support they need (this is intended to give you as parent/carer an opportunity to improve the information held about your child). The first part of this profile is completed by your child’s teacher in consultation with you as parent/carer. The second part of the document is a Family Pen Picture completed by parents/carers.

Each of the leaders at Springside chair the EHCP meetings each year. If you have any questions please make contact with the Phase leads.   If you have any questions specifically relating to Education and Health Care Plan's please contact Shayze using the school contact details.

You can also view Rochdale's Local offer by clicking here